Terms & Privacy:
The term ‘ZugZwang Chess School Pvt. Ltd.’ or ‘ZugZwang Chess School’ or ‘ZugZwang Chess’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the limited liability company whose registration number or corporate identification number is U74900KA2012PTC063311 registered in Bangalore. The term ‘you’ refers to the buyer or procurer of our products and services or user or viewer of our website.
• ZugZwang Chess School reserves all rights of admission. Admission is open to all children irrespective of gender, religion, origin, region, or chess expertise.
• Registration & Admission fee is non-refundable. In case of unavailability of preferred classes, the applications will be placed on a waiting list and you shall be intimated once a new batch that suits your indicated preferred timing begins.
• There is no set minimum age of admission and class will consist of students across all possible grades and standard.
• Prices indicated online, on brochures and other printer material for both class fee & chess merchandise is inclusive of all charges such as applicable taxes, handling and delivery, packing and shipping costs.
• Chess Merchandise once sold is final and any refund requests will not be entertained.
• Chess Clocks and certain products can be purchased by making an advance payment of 50% of the price with the remaining amount being paid on delivery after the mutually agreed upon delivery waiting period.
• All photographs & videos during classes & tournaments are the copyright of ZugZwang Chess School. We reserve the right to share any game played during classes or tournaments.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
• In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, attending our classes, sessions, special events, tournaments and the use of our website and purchase and use of our products.
• Payments - Checks & Drafts payable to: ZugZwang Chess School Private Limited. Bank Transfer can be made through NEFT to A/c 17582560000438 at HDFC Bank, Koramangala II Branch, Intermediate Ring Road, Ejipura. NEFT Code: HDFC0001758.
• ZugZwang Chess School Pvt. Ltd. believes in helping its customers as far as possible, and has therefore a liberal cancellation policy. Under this policy:
• Cancellation of services such as online and classroom (offline) programs, enrollment in tournaments and special events, will be considered if the cancellation request is made within 48 hours and before 5 days of commencement of the event or session.
• Cancellations of order placed online will be considered only if the request is made within 48 hours of placing an order. However, the cancellation request will not be entertained if the orders have been communicated to the vendors/merchants and they have initiated the process of shipping them.
• In case of receipt of damaged or defective product, please report the same to our Customer Service team. The request will, however, be entertained once ZugZwang Chess or any merchant partner, as the case maybe, has checked and determined the same at his own end. This should be reported within 5 days of receipt of the products.
• In case you feel that the product received is not as shown on the site or as per your expectations, you must bring it to the notice of our customer service within 24 hours of receiving the product. The Customer Service Team after looking into your complaint will take an appropriate decision. The customer service team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ZugZwang Chess School Pvt. Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
• ZugZwang Chess Pvt. Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01-MAY-2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title
• Name, age, sex and grade of the student
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
• A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
• We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
• Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
• You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
• You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.